Lately I’ve been finding reasons to sew as mu
ch as I can. So it’s no surprise when someone posted about the 6 Degrees of Separations, I couldn’t help but join in the fun.
What is “6 Degrees of Separation?”
6 Degrees of Separation is a tour setup similar to a game linking all of Hollywood to Kevin Bacon. The tour is definitely something you’re going to want to follow along each and every day of the tour, because it’s all interconnected! Each “stop” on the blog tour is related the the one before by a common actor, common director, or significant other.
6 Degrees of Separation Sew Along Ever After
I decided to sew along with Teri from Climbing the Willow and I am sewing along for the movie Ever After via Drew Barrymore. Ever After – A Cinderella Story, is one of my favorite movie, maybe it’s mostly because I love the period in which this movie is set. I mean I’ve been loving the dresses in this era. Remember my Audrey Hepburn inspired dress?
I really like drafting the pattern for this dress and when I saw Ever After on the list, I knew I had to join the sew along. This time I went with the butterfly dress Danielle wore at the ball.
The dress is beautiful, however, I wanted to wear something she could wear in the upcoming parties at school and at friends.
I made a short puffy gather sleeve with knee length dress, I didn’t have any lace in my stash, but I did find this awesome trim I added to the cuff and bodice.
I could have added a zipper closure, but I thought the buttons worked well with the theme of the sew along.
The dress has empire waist and gather skirt. With the skirt falling a couple of inches below the knees.
Are you as excited to see what the other bloggers came up with for the 6 Degrees of Separation Tour?
- Monday Dec. 7: Free Notion | Creative Counselor
- Tuesday Dec. 8: A Jennuine Life | Climbing the Willow | Bonus Stops! Rebel and Malice | Cindy Parrett
- Wednesday Dec. 9: Lauren Fazio | Falafel and the Bee | Bonus Stop! That’s What She Crafted
- Thursday Dec. 10: Paisley Roots | The Wholesome Mama
- Friday Dec. 11: It’s Been Taylored | Mae & K
- Monday Dec. 14: Simple.Blessed | Pincushion Porcupine
- Tuesday Dec. 15: Call Ajaire | Lulu & Celeste
- Wednesday Dec. 16: Work Pray Sew | Pear Berry Lane | Bonus Stop! Adventures With Bubba and Bug
- Thursday Dec. 17: Ali Cat & Co | Feathers Flights | Bonus Stops! Friends Stitched Together | Knot Sew Normal
- Friday Dec. 18: MSL Creations | Creative Counselor | Bonus Stop! Make It Sew Seattle
Want to learn more?
Stop by Sew the Show Facebook Group
Stop by Sew the Show Website to check out the different inspiration.
764 total views, 3 views today